All text copyright Stephen Coates 2006 - 2015

RIPied Piper


I have to say I'm very sad at the news just came in that Syd Barrett is dead. How sad - and it seemed in many ways his life was quite sad too - but who knows? -at least he had the enormous integrity to not do the comeback that he was continually hounded to do and which many of his contemporaries embarassingly did do. I love his music - particularly 'waving my arms in the air' and he had a few really magical years. Beautiful then too.

Of course, Syd actually died many years ago - it's Roger Barrett who just passed on

bless you both....


(syd painting by hu mendes)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for off topic! But I searching for contacts from band

Here is my email:

hi! My name is Sergej Korsakov (I am from Moscow) and like I understend Pasha contact you last year about gigs in Moscow but it was not happent. Hope you still can come in this year and we can speake again about it! I search possobilities to make gig on 1 September if it possible for band. Please contact me on
ska@badtaste.ru
or sent me to whom I can write about it! So hope to hear from you soon!

Serezha.
+7916 6507360 (self phone)
+7 495 4758651 (home number)

LC Greenwood said...

Ah, the memores that come to mind.
All I know is that if I have a kid and we get him/her a mouse, we're calling him Gerald. And we won't know why.

clerkenwell kid said...

that's a very cool idea lc.

if you hear about a Syd tribute album (there is bound to be one right?), let us know - I would love to do a track with Valentine for him.

just a girl said...

I thought you might be interested in this.

It's John doing Golden Hair.

clerkenwell kid said...

hey thankyou - how wonderful
james joyce and syd and john frusciante - wow...